Backlight Bleed on brand new LG 32LC3R LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by LivingForever, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. LivingForever

LivingForever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

First post so please be gentle!

Bought my first LCD TV last week (LG 32LC3R from Tesco) and noticed within a day or so that there was a light patch at the top right of the screen, visible during dark scenes. Lived with it for a while but in the end I decided it couldn't be right so I took it back today for an exchange (great TV otherwise!)

Well, sat down to start watching the new set and it seemed okay but within 30 minutes the same problem was evident, in fact there's now some at the bottom too.

A bit of googling finds some old threads from 2003-4 where people seemed to be saying that "light bleed" was a known factor with LCDs but I presume things should have moved on by now.

Was I unlucky or is this what I can expect from LCDs in general? I like the TV otherwise but I'm now thinking of trying to change for a different model, although I don't know what to do if I'm likely to have this problem with any TV I buy!

Alternatively, anyone got any recommendations for a good HD Ready LCD aroud the £500 mark?

Cheers

James

2. leamspaceman

leamspaceman
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,325
    I've had two Samsung LCD's and both had this. It seems to be related to ambient temperature too as the warmer my room is, the less evident the backlight bleed is. On my TV it goes after the TV has been on 20 mins.