Backing up SKY+ to Tosh xs34

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cejsmith, May 9, 2005.

1. cejsmith

cejsmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm having problems with backing up programmes from my sky + box to my XS34. The machines are all scarted up and connect correctly I think. When I try to record across using AV2 , I get a blank screen with sound, if I try on the normal channel I get both.

What am I doing wrong?

Also when using the copy function on sky+ , can you then watch another channel while it's doing it though the scart.

Thanks

Colin

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Your getting a composite picture where you DVD recorder is expecting an RGB one. Ensure:

1) Sky is set to RGB (Services>System Setup>Video settings)

2) The RDXS34 is connected via the TV SCART (only this outputs RGB)

3) You have not pressed the TV button on the Sky handset as this forces composite. Press 'Sky' and never press TV again!

4) You do not have a composite device (VCR) that is on connected to tyhe VCR socket of the Sky box.

3. cejsmith

cejsmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sky box is set to RGB.

The xs 34 is connected to the tv scart

I don't a video any more

I have to press the TV button on the Sky controller because my dog has eat the tosh TV controller :eek:

PS Any one know where you can get replacement controllers of tosh sets? I need one to get into some of the TV setting that the sky controller cant.