Backing up SKY+ HD Movies

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PedenJoe, Feb 12, 2009.

1. PedenJoe

PedenJoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me the best way to backup the Movies I have saved to my Sky+ HD box? I have a Pioneer LX01 which has its own hard disk and is connected to the Sky+ HD box via HDMI. I would like to save the movies to that hard disk.
    In only way I have found to do it at present is to copy the movie via the SCART lead as I watch it.

I could not get the SKY+ HD copy function to work with the LX01

Thanks Joe
    :lease:

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Presumably the Pioneer LX01 is a DVD recorder with hard drive?

Yes, the best way to archive recordings from your Sky box to your DVDR is via RGB scart. You can't do it via HDMI - HDMI is purely an ouput from the Pioneer to your TV, not an input.

The Sky Copy function doesn't interface with any DVD recorders - all it does is allow you to output multiple recordings, one after the other, from the Sky Planner to whatever you have got connected to the Sky box via scart. But it certainly doesn't tell the DVD recorder to stop recording once finished or anything clever like that - the Sky box doesn't even know that you have a DVD recorder connected to it via scart.

3. dave_st185

dave_st185

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    If you have a Thompson HD box with component out I'd get the Hauppauge HD PVR - it'll take a component input from the Thompson and allow you to archive off all your films in HD to a PC

If you don't have a HD box with component out I'd buy a HD Fury II, which takes a HDMI input and can give you a component out, minus the HDCP, which you can then feed into the Hauppauge HD PVR

If you go the scart way you have to settle for archiving programes in SD only