Background & thumbnail issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by garry, May 29, 2004.

1. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I curently own a panasonic e100 and it's a great machine, but being an eye candy kind of a guy I was wondering if ther's any machines out there which would allow you to make your own backgrounds from a scene, along with moving thumbnails in a finalized dvd with all the functions of the panny and maybe more (not asking much am I :blush: ) thanks in advance.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    Buy a PC DVD Burner and use it in conjunction with your E100 and a programme such as TMPG Enc Author!

If your serious about menus then you should only look at a PC solution. Use your E100 to edit your programmes, copy to DVD-RAM and then import into TMPG Enc Author in accordance with my guide in the sticky thread on this forum "PC GUIDE: DVD-RAM (inc DVD-RW VR Mode) to DVD-R".

Such a route will cost you about £100 (assuming your current PC is of a average specification).

3. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rasczak for the reply, unfotunatley i don't have a drive on my pc that will read ram discs although the pioneer 107 seemingly dose read ram discs, i'll look into it, thanks again.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    There are several ways around this: Firstly if you already have a DVD PC burner then purchase a DVD-ROM drive capable of reading DVD-RAMs. Most models from Panasonic, Toshiba and Samsung will do this (needless to say check before you buy!). If you have the Pioneer DVDR107/A07 it WILL read DVD-RAM disks although it can be a bit fussy. Cost of a new DVD-ROM is around £20.

Alternatively, if you do NOT already have a PC DVD burner, take a look at one of the Super All Format burners from LG, Hitachi, Panasonic or Iomega. Or the Samsung, Toshiba and Pioneer dual drives that also read DVD-RAM. Cost of such a DVD burner is around £70-100.

As for software TMPG Enc Author is just one programme that will import VR recordings. Also look at Ulead products etc. As I say more details can be found in the Sticky thread I created for these very conversations.

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Garry. I think the new JVC RRMH20 and 30 have moving thumbnails, but I think this is only for DVDs in VR mode, cuold be wrong.

The toshiba RDXS32 allows you to select images for menu and chapter menus, no animated thumbs.

6. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys for the help i'll look into everything you have said and check out the JVC. Cheers.