Background hiss

N

NickE27

Hi,
I recently bought a Goodmans HEC17 home cinema system. Its great apart from the background hiss when using the digital output. When I use the 2 channel output (which uses pro logic II I think) there is very little background hiss however, with the digital (dolby digital 5.1) the background hiss is much louder. At first I didn't really notice it but now that I have noticed it it really annoys me. Would getting a digital coaxial cable help? The digital output is for digital coaxial but right now im just using a standard coaxial cable.
Thanks,
Nick

I doubt very much that a different cable will have any effect on hiss. Not wanting to appear like an AV snob, but I guess that and all-in-one which retails at about GBP130 isn't going to be perfect audiophile stuff. I suspect it is a limitation of the DD processor. Of course, if you can compare yours with another - and the other is less noisy, it might indicate that yours is deficient.

ok, thanks for the quick reply :D. Do you know why it's only a problem with dolby digital 5.1 and not pro logic II?

Guesses that the shortcoming is in the DD processor - which is only used for (you guessed it) DD, and not for DPL2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom