Backdraft (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 31/05/2021

Spot gloss treatment on Helmet and Axe on back.
Backdraft.jpg

Attachments

• Backdraft (inside).jpg
    Backdraft (inside).jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Backdraft (back).jpg
    Backdraft (back).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Backdraft (open).jpg
    Backdraft (open).jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Wondered where this was! :thumbsup: Just preordered when I got the email. This and the Birds are my first Zavvi Steelbook purchases since Airplane last August.

Really like that design. Simple but effective. Hope it's a glossy steelbook so those colours pop. I will be gutted if its a dull matte steelbook.

Really like that design. Simple but effective. Hope it's a glossy steelbook so those colours pop. I will be gutted if its a dull matte steelbook.

I agree but prepare for disappointment. Minimum effort/cost appears to be the guiding principle of steelbook production these days..

Ordered. Been years since I’ve seen it, be good to give it a rewatch.

Got mine today from Zavvi. A nice steelbook, I think, with a simple but effective design with spot gloss to the helmet that gives it a striking finish.

Note: No title on the front of this despite the listing artwork selling it with one.

Note: No title on the front of this despite the listing artwork selling it with one.

You are right. You know, I never even noticed that. Do you think that is a manufacturing error? Should we contact Zavvi?

You are right. You know, I never even noticed that. Do you think that is a manufacturing error? Should we contact Zavvi?
No, some by design just don’t have them on. Some don’t like it, but it doesn’t bother me.

It's clear now the steel is shared from the titleless Euro print run so whilst Zavvi have been supplied with the wrong mock up they should certainly request the correct one as it's obviously misleading.

Edit: Listing now updated with correct artwork.

Last edited:
I actually think this probably looks nicer without the title, which doesn’t look like it’s in the original font anyway

Ha! But the title isn’t even in the original font - it looks awful! If it was the original font title it would absolutely be better with it on, but as it’s not it looks (in my opinion!) absolutely awful. Hence the no title position!

Broke this bad boy out tonight, it’s a really nice steel actually, who doesn’t love a shiny helmet !?
Film is decent too, great cast and OST from Zimmer. The effects are still impressive for a film from the early nineties. The A/V on it is an absolute ripper as well, with only one or two of the dodgier fashion choices (and all the smoking tbf) reminding you that it wasn’t made in the last few years.
Terrific

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom