Back up to Google drive on android phone

Ilovewaffles

I have a moto e play mobile. The toggle to back up is on, but I notice that for backup for contacts it says waiting to back up, and back up now is greyed out. On Googling it appears there is a big problem with back ups , no reason given, and Google have offered no solution. There was a suggestion that removing security for a locked screen allows a back up, but then you would have to be continually doing this then reinstating the security. I have just manually put in contacts, following a disaster with my previous phone , plus I lost photos, so don’t want to go through this again. I bet many toggle the back up on, not realising their data isn’t being saved to Google drive.

Ilovewaffles

This explains my problem clearly. Has anyone else had it, if so, what did you do about it? E1BF090C-93EA-4B5C-8AA5-C9ABC170E804.jpeg

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
moved.....

Ilovewaffles

There is a lot about it online , and nothing has been done to solve it.Rebooting doesn’t work. Last night I was able to back up, with the greyed out button having turned blue, ((it just happened- I didn’t do anything) but under contacts it still comes up with the message “waiting to backup.....”

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom