• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Back up on "C" drive

webbonline

Standard Member
Hi again i got a massive back up of my complete system on the "C" drive its slowing everything down but i cant delete it Grrrr ....... help lol

warning say's

Can not delete amd64: access is denied

make sure the disk is not full or write protected and the file is not currently in use ??????

my disk could be full as this file is massive over 200 GB but what do u do then ?

i saved this file when i did a recovery but the saved file is making things worse than before Grrr

any help welcome :) Webb

MarkE19

I would guess that at over 200Gb the file is too big for the Recycle Bin. Try holding down the Shift key when deleting the file. This will delete the file rather than just moving it to the recycle bin.

Mark.

webbonline

Standard Member
Hi Mark thanks for the reply i just tried to delete while holding shift it seem to work at first but then put a box up saying can not delete file

Webb

mossym

Distinguished Member
is the backup software still running? if so it may have the file locked so you can't delete it

MarkE19

Is you account in Windows a full admin account? If not then log into an account that is and try to delete it.
Get a boot CD and try and delete the file once booted from that.

Mark.

try right clicking on the folder and selecting properties. Then select SHARING tab. Then make the folder private. Maybe its been setup as a shared folder ?

webbonline

Standard Member
not sure how would i know ???? when i used the recovery CD it asked me if i wanted to save a copy of my entire system etc i said yes, as it, recommended it ..... the file is read only and a option to make it hidden ??? in the advance option u can archive it but when i tried it said 3 days 10 hours to completion lol

webbonline

Standard Member
cant delete from CD i can reinstall with out saving but i got my system real good just wont that file gone surely there must be a way ? in running out of space like mad lol

webbonline

Standard Member
Hi again and thanks Maddogb that free unlocker program did the trick its a bit complicated to use and i had to restart a few times but finally i got rid of my back up and things are a lot faster and smooth again :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom