Back up IPOD on second PC

conington

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether I can sync' my IPOD music to a second PC (assuming I-Tunes is installed on the PC) i.e. will the sync' copy the music from my IPOD to the 2nd machine ?

I really don't want to buy a back up drive but just want the comfort of knowing that if my main PC crashes I will be able to transfer all music from my IPOD to another machine.

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

You can't do this auto-magically - i.e. iTunes wont 'see' the iPod and offer to transfer your music for you.

However if you plug-in the iPod on your 2nd PC, don't start iTunes, and use Explorer you'll see your iPod mounted as a removable drive. If you choose to 'show hidden files' in Explorers options you can then browse the music library on your iPod - it has odd folder names, but it's all in there somewhere. You can then copy these off, under your 2nd copy of iTunes, and you're done.

Cheers, Carl.

Sorry I'm up against the clock or I'd look it out for you.

There's some freeware out there that makes the process easer it will show the contance on the ipod via artist etc.

Try nosing around on the ipod lounge forum thant where I got the link......

I have Itunes on my home desktop but I use Podplayer on my work laptop. It then plays the files on the Ipod through the computer and emulates all the playlists.

I don't have a link but google search podplayer.

I used a program called ipodrip this allows you to copy the contents of your ipod to a local directory, exactly what you require.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom