Back up help needed please!!

davemulheran

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a 40GB ps3 and an 80GB one.

The 40GB has been sold so I need to mirror everything on it, over to my 80GB

I partitioned an old HDD I had to fat32 and connected it to my 40GB and did a back up, this took about an hour.

I have now plugged this back up in to the 80GB and did a 'restore'

only took about 5 mins and none of my original game saves have been loaded... and none of my downloaded games are there either!?

what am I doing wrong please??? :rolleyes::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Think something may have gone pete tong in the back-up process. When you select the full backup EVERYTHING gets copied (yes even downloaded content & copy protected game saves - i know this because my need for speed pro-street save gor copied to the new HDD)

Maybe try to re-do the backup & then connect your storage device to a computer to see how much space the backup takes & if it matches the used space that your PS3 tells you is on the HDD.

Edit: everything expect trophies get copied but these will re-appear when you sync with the server

The games will need to be downloaded again from the account you used to get them as they would have been locked to your 40 gig machine!!!!

The games will need to be downloaded again from the account you used to get them as they would have been locked to your 40 gig machine!!!!

Um, no they won't. Again, when you do a full back-up everything that is stored on your HDD gets copied to whatever you're backing up to. I guarantee i didn't have to re-download 15gb of stuff off the store.

Ok guys, I ended up having to download all my DLC / games from the online store

I also need to insert all my discs and get all the updates again

AND

my RE5 and Motorstorm 2 saves didnt come over because they ar elocked.

I did a FULL restore/backup and install.. twice!

So id say that NO.. locked saves and DLC are not brought over with a backup/restore

Okay so now the question is why when some people do a backup everything gets copied & then when other people backup & restore not everything gets copied.

Like I said previously the copy protected game saves I have deffinately got copied over as did everything I had downloaded off the store.

Okay so now the question is why when some people do a backup everything gets copied & then when other people backup & restore not everything gets copied.

Like I said previously the copy protected game saves I have deffinately got copied over as did everything I had downloaded off the store.

I would say that when you did your backup and restore you did it to a new drive on the same PS3?

The OP is doing it to a different PS3. This is where the problem occurs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom