Back to the Future Trilogy: 35th Anniversary (1985-1990) 4K UHD

Another Zoom customer. But I can’t watch until the ps5 is released. Modern problems.

Mine arrived today too from Zoom. £45 with normal discount code. 3941423A-EE86-441B-A615-A18641C19611.jpeg
3941423A-EE86-441B-A615-A18641C19611.jpeg

Do the newly mastered Blu Rays also have Dolby Atmos?

A definite upgrade on the blu ray set I had. Soundtrack is really good and sounds great for the atmos upgrade. I can only imagine 2 and 3 look better too
92A070D7-0BB5-4534-A3D4-5FD4CC3FD29C.jpeg

Watched the first one this morning. Absolutely superb. Looks and sounds incredible. Very high levels
1C6781DD-02D4-4FDF-A060-40FE65B32BC6.jpeg
3556E118-B60A-48CF-BAFA-3B5BBC911A84.jpeg

So are the Blu-ray Discs in this set remastered?

So are the Blu-ray Discs in this set remastered?
How would I tell ? Here’s a photo of the first film blu that came in the set. I’ve attached a still with the Blu-ray detail also if that helps ?
46FB1B37-799E-4666-8CE7-DC8963868957.jpeg

DF8ED930-9BE8-47E7-9B5D-82E9E34A4191.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the 2020 date stamp on the disc means it a remaster?

I think the 2020 date stamp on the disc means it a remaster?

Apparently the Blu-rays in the ‘Remastered’ set also have 2020 printed on them yet they are the old 2010 masters so that is no guarantee sadly.

I was looking forward to watching the Trilogy this weekend. Unfortunately, none of the discs will play in my UHD player. They get stuck on the language selection screen.
Also had a problem with The Goonies last week so I'm not doing well at the moment. These disc issues are frustrating.

I was looking forward to watching the Trilogy this weekend. Unfortunately, none of the discs will play in my UHD player. They get stuck on the language selection screen.
Also had a problem with The Goonies last week so I'm not doing well at the moment. These disc issues are frustrating.

What player do you have? as I haven’t had my Panasonic for very long but went with it due to the price and several reviews saying how reliable it was and as yet I haven’t come across a single problem disc.

Its a Samsung 9500, never had any problems before. Probably watched a couple of hundred discs.

Last edited:
323CB2F5-5480-4F82-B15A-53436BDCA164.jpeg
10469C82-1A42-489D-BE33-126117D19958.jpeg

The first pic is the disc from the New blu ray set i found on youtube the Second pic is from the 4k boxset. I think you should be able to spot if you don’t have the remastered disc if the serial number has G51 at the end.

Just watched parts I & II...
Lovely natural, filmic picture, the HDR & wide colour is never pushed too extreme just a gorgeous balanced image, deep blacks, plenty of detail & nice colour, lots of new background details were visible to me too. These films are so layered and packed with Easter eggs.
Having owned these on VHS, laserdisc, DVD & BD (I also saw parts II & III at the cinema on the original release back in the day)
These have never looked better, very nicely restored & mastered to my eyes, sounds good too.

Just watched parts I & II...
Lovely natural, filmic picture, the HDR & wide colour is never pushed too extreme just a gorgeous balanced image, deep blacks, plenty of detail & nice colour, lots of new background details were visible to me too. These films are so layered and packed with Easter eggs.
Having owned these on VHS, laserdisc, DVD & BD (I also saw parts II & III at the cinema on the original release back in the day)
These have never looked better, very nicely restored & mastered to my eyes, sounds good too.

Agree 100%. Just watched part 2 as well and it’s brilliant as well as the first. Look amazing

My amazon order still not dispatched!

My amazon order still not dispatched!

Seems to be a problem with Amazon. In the US as well they have sent out delayed emails. It’s worth wait. I’ve just reviewed the first one on the “what have you watched” thread. It’s a treat mate. Oh yes

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom