Back to The Future Trilogy - $24.99

Nabbed it for $21.47 thanks to a $10 gift card I had so no custom duties for me :D

They went pretty fast but definitely possible to get as opposed to the lightning deals on Amazon UK.

$35 now :(

Then lucky you guys, here in Italy shipping counts toward
calculating custom charges...well, it's done now.

So it's just above the limit of €22.

Then lucky you guys, here in Italy shipping counts toward
calculating custom charges...well, it's done now.

So it's just above the limit of €22.

When charging Import VAT/Admin Fee total, it is including the shipping in the UK but it doesn't include shipping when deciding what gets charged or not. Any item £18 before shipping or under will not get charged extra.

Isn't there a problem with how Amazon declares the price on the customs voucher? I thought 'Lightening deals' were sent out declared at the full price, without any allowance for the sale reduction. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd be interested to hear whether you guys do escape customs charges.

Also the US packaging has damaged quite a few discs due to its crapness.

Even the US folks are importing from the UK.

Go figure.:D

Isn't there a problem with how Amazon declares the price on the customs voucher? I thought 'Lightening deals' were sent out declared at the full price, without any allowance for the sale reduction. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd be interested to hear whether you guys do escape customs charges.

Lightning deals should show the price paid. It was past 3 for 2 offers that showed the price of the 3 items.

Lightning deals should show the price paid. It was past 3 for 2 offers that showed the price of the 3 items.

The fun we had trying to get our money back.:facepalm:

Only took 4 months or so.:eek:

Last year's lightning deals I purchased had the price I paid on the customs label, hopefully it will be the same this year.

Had my BTTF shipped yesterday. :)

Hi,

Off topic but I ordered Battlestar Galactica The Complete Series on Tuesday, 30 November, 2010 16:51 (cheapest post) and it arrived today. Thats some going :D.

Missed BTTF.:(

Regards

Indie.

best buy stores are doing it back at £19.99 until christmas eve (im sure its xmas eve but please dont :suicide: me if im wrong!):thumbsup:

best buy stores are doing it back at £19.99 until christmas eve (im sure its xmas eve but please dont :suicide: me if im wrong!):thumbsup:

Will wait for the US one to go down again... Spending way too much at the moment.

Also doing the Twilight Saga triple pack for £ 24.99.

Regards

Indie.

Got the BTTF Cyber monday deal today in the mail here in Italy.
Glad to know I wasn't charged customs despite going over what is the allowed limit here...

Probably due to the fact that the label where it says it was shipped from the USA is covered with a label stating "Match Returns X PO Box 264 EGHAM TW20 2AF" making custom agents believe it was shipped within Europe...if I knew they'd do this everytime I would go over the customs limit more often than not....:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom