• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Back To The Future stuff

LG88

first, i am a memorabilia novice, but after looking round here, i really want to start collecting some stuff!

secondly, i'm on a budget,

probably one of my all time favourite trilogies! so thought why not start off my collection with some BTF stuff.

want to collect some memorabilia, but have no idea what's on offer out there, other than the cars.

car wise i've seen a couple on ebay and play. i noticed the play ones seem to have the lights on them.

has anyone got any BTF memorabilia on here? what can they recommend? where to buy?

MrO

The main collectables for Back to the future are the cars. There are a few types you can get. The best in my opinion are the sunstar die cast 1:18 scale cars from the films (including 2 versions from the third film) then there is the slightly smaller Welly 1:24 scale cars (again all three versions).

The newest edition to the model cars is made by diamond select is listed as 1:18 scale but have heard its actually slightly larger. Currently only the first two cars have been released but a third is bound to be on the way! (these are the light up versions)

Other collectibles include full size replica flux capacitor, holographic base ball cap mini mates (think lego men figures). Other than that it depends what type of stuff you want to collect, posters, key chains mugs.

As for where to buy i'd say your on the right track with ebay but i'd also have a search of the net and maybe have a look at the official back to the future website (think they have a forum)

Last edited:

Iccz

Distinguished Member
As above, the Sunstar models of the cars are very popular, and in my opinion the best, the Minimates are the only figures I've seen of characters from the film and aside from the other items mentioned you can get a replica of the "OUTATIME" license plate.

freero

first, i am a memorabilia novice, but after looking round here, i really want to start collecting some stuff!

secondly, i'm on a budget,

probably one of my all time favourite trilogies! so thought why not start off my collection with some BTF stuff.

want to collect some memorabilia, but have no idea what's on offer out there, other than the cars.

car wise i've seen a couple on ebay and play. i noticed the play ones seem to have the lights on them.

has anyone got any BTF memorabilia on here? what can they recommend? where to buy?

I have the outatime license plate and also the barcode one from bttf II . Also have the various printed stuff you can get like the sports almanac, docs letter to marty and the various photos seen through each of the films and about 20 other printed bits and bobs.
I also have all 5 of the hoverboards from bttf II on order at the minute though, i'll post some pics when I get them. Also hope to get the future jacket, trainers (air mag), cap and the nike bag to hold them in, again all from bttf II. You can guess which was my favourite film of the trilogy can't you :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom