Back to the Future Part III 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cas, need to wait until Friday to finish off the trilogy, looks like the wait will be worth it 👍🏻

Thank you Cas. Quite possibly tonight’s half term movie!

iTunes have the bundle for £9.99 unfortunately it seems only no 3 is 4K HDR. Whether 1 & 2 will be upgraded is a bit of a gamble or just go for it and buy the 4K for 50 quid - decisions- george

I've always thought that Doc Browns two kids looked a bit weird, a bit smug. Then I stumbled across this...

It's one of those "once you have seen it you can't un-see it" moments.

Cheers Cas! Really glad this disc is so nice as I have a huge soft spot for the film. I had never seen that view of the climactic scene though...!

Love this trilogy but never liked the train the end, always thought it would’ve been more fitting if a delivery company and another note had ended it

Top stuff once again. Loved the origin of the manure on Biff and the little nods to the previous instalments.

It is the weakest of the 3 for me, but then to even mention the word 'weak' is to do it a disservice.

‘Alien 3 Director’s Cut’?! I hope, for your sake, that you never bump into David Fincher having called it that! He’s completely disowned the film, as well as Charles De Lauzirika’s attempt at establishing the director’s vision by way of the ‘Assembly Cut’ / Special Edition. I do agree with you that it’s an underrated version of the film though. Probably best not to get me started on the ‘Workprint’ either! ;)

Nice review btw, this is a classic.

Love this trilogy but never liked the train the end, always thought it would’ve been more fitting if a delivery company and another note had ended it

I liked the train as a kid, but I was drawn to pretty much any special effects in movies. Now though, I totally agree, it felt tacked on and made no sense. I wonder if it was always in the script. I'm a firm believer in the idea that scripts should follow a logical path to their natural conclusion, even if that means a less than rousing Hollywood ending.

Kind of a shame that the Bobs have said the Stoltz footage will never be released. As a huge fan of the original, it would be fascinating to see. Interesting too to think how much better the sequels would have been if the Bobs hadn't fallen out with Crispin Glover. He was such a cornerstone of the original, it's impossible to imagine it without him.

iTunes have the bundle for £9.99 unfortunately it seems only no 3 is 4K HDR. Whether 1 & 2 will be upgraded is a bit of a gamble or just go for it and buy the 4K for 50 quid - decisions- george

All three are 4K DV/DA for me on iTunes, but I bought them years back and Universal love to endlessly re-list things. I imagine the versions currently on iTunes will be upgraded too, but it could be a while. It took Universal well over a month to finally upgrade Jaws, and poor ET looks like he'll be languishing in 1080p forever.

Love this 3rd film and as mentioned, easily looks the best.

Having watched just recently, yeah the train ending is a little......off, not to mention nigh on impossible (within the relm of the films).

Oh and the Irish accents are.......hmmmm

But other than that, I rate this above the second, though the whole energy and shenanigans of part two is brilliant

What they should of done is make a Part Four with the Kids as Back to the Future ?
I know that Micheal J Fox unable to do any more but to write him in as a reference to
the story they can always Digitize an Avatar as a substitute .
Not knowing about Christopher Lloyd if he can do any more Acting .
This could be a Good next to the Future Movie .
Have ordered the new 4k Version for 89 Dollars AUD on 4th Nov.

What they should of done is make a Part Four with the Kids as Back to the Future ?
I know that Micheal J Fox unable to do any more but to write him in as a reference to

dear god no just no. Thankfully Bob Gale has said there won’t be any more.

That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. The Bobs say no sequels or remakes, so thankfully we're safe.

I agree we dont need any sequels or remakes, just leave BTTF alone.

Thanks for the Review, Cas.
Won't unfortunately see this in 4K but Prime have all 3 Movies for free right now, so will at least rewatch it that way! :)

Oh no, no no.

Just like Indiana Jones this should remain as a wonderful trilogy. Oh, what!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom