1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to the Future (new discs)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Just_Dabbling, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know if the new corrected disks are available yet ?

I have read through some information today that said Universal were going to replace them in April (no funny comments about it not being April).

I would really rather buy these discs "corrected" rather than going through the pain in the but excersice which is getting them replaced.

2. domfjbrown

domfjbrown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's wrong with the current BTTF boxset discs then? They appear to play OK on my mate's Sony although I've only tried the first one on my el cheapo Samsung S224 (which replaced a Sony 525 which is SHOCKINGLY unreliable - typical Sony then really...)

3. Huey Clogg

Huey Clogg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the Region 4 box set for ages and never experienced a single problem.

Are there issues with them?

4. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    This has been covered many times before in this forum. The problem with the discs is the framing in parts 2 and 3 is wrong in some scenes. The most noticable scene where the wrong framing can be seen is the scene in part two where marty presses a button his future jacket to make it the right size. You should be able to see him do this but the framing has cut off the bottom of his jacket and hand and there is too much space above his head. Do a search on this and you should find screen shots domonstrating this.