Back to Karkand Assignments

Good explanations of all attachments here:
BF3: Weapon Attachments Guide | Free MMO Guides

Aha!!

"The major downside to using a Flash Suppressor is that it reduces your accuracy, especially over long distances." - so not much use on Wake Island then?

"You will rarely attack from long-range here, and the Flash Suppressor helps keep you hidden as the muzzle flash in the dark metro area gives away your position." - so it's perfect for Dark Corner MacDougals and Soundbursts Corner Campers!

*BUT* does the minimap show you or not? eg. if I've got suppressor then I don't appear as a red triangle on the enemy minimap (unless I'm using one of the broken guns :mad:) - but what about flash suppressors?

Yes u appear due to the sound.

Lol at this topic. Sniper hoe's! Knife them all.

Anyone unlocked the MG36? Just 2 lmg kills for to unlock this gun but will it be worth it? Seems like the assignment tab is now working on Battlelog

The new guns are showing up in Battlelog too now

Yes - and I LOVE IT :D

Dave

Just don't use the MG36 on the new maps: you get the "waving arms in the air" bug :smashin: works fine on original BF3 maps.

I need to win 4 more SQDM games to unlock the L85A2, so when next on can we all play this please?

Robo r we linked in psn? Add buck_gb if not

QBSBuck said:
Robo r we linked in psn? Add buck_gb if not

I don't think so, will do next time I'm on.

My god I'm crap at sqdm, out of 5 games I just played I only had positive kill ratio in one!

A step closer to the other assault rifle though, 3 more rounds to win then never play again :D

Last edited:
My god I'm crap at sqdm, out of 5 games I just played I only had positive kill ratio in one!

A step closer to the other assault rifle though, 3 more rounds to win then never play again :D

Are you playing with randoms? I think it really helps if you squad up with people you know and work out your specializations and classes beforehand. Possibly have a couple of your squad run medic so you can steal points back by reviving, and maybe one support so everyone can benefit from resupplies. Then stick together and try defending an area (this seems to be the tactic all the squads I've been beaten by anyway :mad:)

Mainly with randoms, but a couple of times I've been lucky and got on a team with a killing machine.

4/5 wins done, so one more and never need to play it again.

I've had some good squad rush games with 2 Support and 2 Assault being a good combination (working as pairs).

Got the L80A2, it's crap.

Robothamster said:
Got the L80A2, it's crap.

Must be a big disappointment, after all that effort to earn it :-[

DavieW said:
Must be a big disappointment, after all that effort to earn it :-[

Sure was. Although I was fairly drunk while trying to use it so will give it another chance :D

Sure was. Although I was fairly drunk while trying to use it so will give it another chance :D

To be honest the guns from the assignments are crap, only the Famas and P19 are worth getting unlocks and service stars for.

400 kills with the Mk3A1 :smashin:

I'm not sure how it compares to the USAS12, but until you get to level 44 it is far better than the semi-auto shotguns. IMO obviously. Has anyone tried both to offer an opinion?

The pp19 is a brilliant gun!

Finally got the last of these done last night..Not sure if the effort was worth it to be honest! :facepalm:

Other than the stupid Sqd Death Match games it was pretty straight forward to get them. Although trying to find a game to get the kills with the BTR-90 was tricky. It's only on the traditional Conquest mode of the Gulf Of Oman map and only if your on the Russian team :rolleyes:

Co-Op guns next :smashin:

Finally got the last of these done last night..Not sure if the effort was worth it to be honest! :facepalm:

Other than the stupid Sqd Death Match games it was pretty straight forward to get them. Although trying to find a game to get the kills with the BTR-90 was tricky. It's only on the traditional Conquest mode of the Gulf Of Oman map and only if your on the Russian team :rolleyes:

Once you've unlocked all the assignment guns does it stop doing that grinding noise thing at the end of every game?

Co-Op guns next :smashin:

Which won't take long now that they've messed about with the XP levels on co-op, I managed to unlock all of these in an evening... I like the 93R pistol and the M39 sniper rifle seems okayish but I haven't bothered with any of the others.

Once you've unlocked all the assignment guns does it stop doing that grinding noise thing at the end of every game?

Nope..:suicide:

In have to say that I would really like them to re-think this whole Assignments thing. Sure I want all the guns..but making me jump through hoops and ignore the whole battlefield ethos of team play to get them is stupid and very 'fishy'!

I agree, if you look at them. But with all aspects of rewards, I just play the objective and if they come they come.

One day I might unlock the mortar, but I am making no special effort to. So that assignment will remain unaccomplished.

Naturally I will try the grenade launcher (soon) and that will move me along another assignment.

Finally got my Skid Loader kill :smashin:

I hadnt even been trying (unlike my failed attempts), just cleared "B", and there was no transport elsewhere. The skid loader was right there, so i thought "why not", started off to "A", and then a wookie just jumped out of this bush in front of me to snipe someone - "i'll have him" - splat - job done!

I just need a kill with the blow torch to get the HK39 sub machine gun, its really annoying as i never remember to equip it, and there never seems to time to get a suitable kill with it.

Hunt down an enemy mortar.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom