Back to Battlefield 4

MrTea34

I enjoy games on Battlefield V now and again but don’t play it anywhere near as much as I used to play Battlefield 4.
I’d been wanting a Battlefield WW2 setting for a long time and it just didn’t deliver to the high standard we all wanted, and it made me realise I much prefer the modern setting.
Gonna be re-downloading Battlefield 4 as I heard afew people are starting to migrate back there.
Was just wondering what setting people prefer?, Does anyone still play BF4 and does it still hold up? Is there a decent player base?

PaulieW

Been playing BF4 regularly for the last few weeks on both the XBox and PS4. Still a great game to play. There’s a healthy player base on both consoles and queues to get on popular servers. Far superior game to later versions of BF in my opinion.

BFV annoys the crap out of me and i much prefer the modern setting of BF4 - the weapons, the vehicles, the add-ons, etc, however BFV is far smoother (despite annoying framerate drops, even on PSpro) than the jank of BF4... so i always end up playing BFV and getting cross :mad:

MrTea34

Been playing BF4 regularly for the last few weeks on both the XBox and PS4. Still a great game to play. There’s a healthy player base on both consoles and queues to get on popular servers. Far superior game to later versions of BF in my opinion.
Is there afew servers with most of the maps been played, vanilla and dlc? I installed it a couple of years ago and it was pretty much Siege of Shanghai and a couple of others

PaulieW

There are still severs playing a variety of maps although there are a few that are 24/7 either Operation Locker or Shanghai/Golmud. Easy to find a server playing a good mix of maps.

MrTea34

Managed to get afew rounds and it felt old to be back in a Modern setting. Little things stood out like being able to deploy a bipod smoothly and it just worked. Being able to be a gunner in a tank without being shot, obviously ww2 top gunner ranks were like that but knowing you can’t be shot and getting a good run in a tank was much better.
Maps are much better than bfv and enjoy the modern weapons much more.
Anyone who is fed up with bfv go back and give it a try, will take me through to a new battlefield

Maps are much better than bfv and enjoy the modern weapons much more.
Anyone who is fed up with bfv go back and give it a try, will take me through to a new battlefield
Is it still janky? Its the jank putting me off. very little jank with BFV even if a load of other stuff is wick-wack-wackadee-wack!

MrTea34

Is it still janky? Its the jank putting me off. very little jank with BFV even if a load of other stuff is wick-wack-wackadee-wack!
I’ve noticed abit of Jank now and again but certainly nothing that has put me off.
Only played base maps at the moment, need a proper session to have a go at the dlc maps