Back on the Turntable wagon

BT Bob

Distinguished Member
Way back in the '70s - up to the mid-'90s I was a bit of a vinyl (and hifi) junkie.

After a long break (just getting by with CDs and .mp3s/AACs) and after a lot of humming & aahing, I took the plunge earlier this week and treating myself to a Rega RP1 (performance pack) and a Rega wall-shelf to sit it on. I've also added the SRM-Tech Sub-Platter damping kit.

I already had a Pro-Ject Phono stage to plug into my Onkyo CR515DAB and through my Q-Acoustic 1010s.

Hardly earth-shattering in terms of quality, but it's a rung on the ladder and it feels good to get my hands on 12" of black vinyl again...

I got the TT from HiFix, who we're doing a deal to include £40 of vinyl, so reverted to form and got 180g copies of Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue", Dire Straits' "Love Over Gold" and the 40th Anniversary edition of "Dark Side of the Moon."

Given the price of vinyl, I suspect I'm going to be much more selective than I was in the past ;)

BT Bob

Distinguished Member
For sure. I'm looking forward to exploring the racks... I know a couple of places nearby so fun-times ahead :)

eddiewww

Way back in the '70s - up to the mid-'90s I was a bit of a vinyl (and hifi) junkie.

After a long break (just getting by with CDs and .mp3s/AACs) and after a lot of humming & aahing, I took the plunge earlier this week and treating myself to a Rega RP1 (performance pack) and a Rega wall-shelf to sit it on. I've also added the SRM-Tech Sub-Platter damping kit.

I already had a Pro-Ject Phono stage to plug into my Onkyo CR515DAB and through my Q-Acoustic 1010s.

Hardly earth-shattering in terms of quality, but it's a rung on the ladder and it feels good to get my hands on 12" of black vinyl again...

I got the TT from HiFix, who we're doing a deal to include £40 of vinyl, so reverted to form and got 180g copies of Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue", Dire Straits' "Love Over Gold" and the 40th Anniversary edition of "Dark Side of the Moon."

Given the price of vinyl, I suspect I'm going to be much more selective than I was in the past ;)

Welcome back!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom