Back light bleed

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by fathead82, Jan 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. fathead82

fathead82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How bad do you guys rate back light bleed? I've just received a Philips 32PFL7962 today. So far I'm liking this TV overall, Looks, sound, HD picture, ambi-light, all major plus points. The only fault I am seeing with my set however is backlight bleed. If I put a black source on, there is clear bleed from 2/3 corners - not horrible to the point of seeing it all the time, but certainly there. When watching TV you would never notice, when gaming you would hardly notice, but if watching a dark movie then you probably would (if you were looking for it).

Just wanted your opinions - do you have backlight bleed? Would you change your set because of it?

2. splinters69

splinters69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +702
    I have noticable backlight bleed on my LG 42 LC55, which probably uses the same or similar panel to yours as LG/Philips make their own panels.

It is a great looking TV for what I bought; excellent SD and HD and the bleed is really noticable in dark films like Blade Runner. I have mine up on the wall which seems to make it seem worse than it is.
    To be honest, I might get a tech to look at it but I could get easily get another panel with the same defect, it is only in dark sections where I notice.

Some bleed is inevitable. I have two high quality Sony 19" monitor that set me back nearly £300 each a few years ago and the bleed is very noticable on them when you turn the PC on but not in use.

Bottom line; only you know if you can live with it but a lot of TV's have it-it is the nature of LCD.