Question Back Box Size So Ethernet Keystone Fits

rs6mra

Seems like you might overthinking this. In my experience the size of the back box should not make any difference as to how the face plate fits. The depth of the back box will very much depend on what you are fitting it on to. If its plasterboard then the size of the wall cavity makes no difference. A 35mm back box would more than do the job. With a metal back box it will of course depend on the depth you create to hold the back box. If you go too wide with the opening you will end up with a gap when you screw the face plate on and that is where the filler comes in............

thestig230

Thanks for your reply however,
It's a surface mount box onto a brick wall as per the link above. If I don't get the correct depth then the faceplate will not sit properly.

rs6mra

Its a case of getting the correct depth and 35mm should suffice.
I am in the process moving sockets from skirting boards on to the brick wall and I have used 35mm back boxes. What I did was take the plaster off which was about 20mm and then chipped into the brick another 15mm to hold the back box and then created a channel for the cable.
I also fitted at the weekend a 35mm back box on to plasterboard and installed 4 ports with keystone jacks.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom