1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

babylon 5

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gargoyle, Nov 27, 2000.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Before dvd hit the big time, there was a lot of talk about babylon 5 coming out on laserdisc, there was even speculation that there were several japanese widescreen pressings floating around but to date I'v not come across anything solid.
    With dvd being so popular I know that it will be released but does anyone have any details or info?
    Also I'm on the point of completing my star trek movies collection but the one film I can't get my hands on is ST-The Motion Picture anyone know if paramount intend to release it?

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Do you know of a good B5 website

Cheers
    Tim

------------------
    Today is a good day yo die

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

B5 most proberly be late 2000/ early 2001 as a warner have said that alot of remastering is required, making it sound as if it will be a widescreen release.

ST: The Motion Picture is in production, it will be a new directors cut version.

4. Hezzer

Hezzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    B5 is supposedly out 3rd quarter next year. Speculation is still rife as to whether it will be widescreen or not. Most of the live action shots were filmed in widescreen altough the CGI was filmed 4:3. Most people seem to be pushing for a wide screen release (as am I!) with some of the CGI hots cropped slightly (top and bottom).

Star Trek - The Motion Picture is due out next year sometime (I think its currently in production).

5. Hezzer

Hezzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Cheers Hezzer

Tim

------------------
    Perhap's today is a good day yo die

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that B5 HAD been released on NTSC Laser disc??

I say this because I used to get a catalogue delivered from a UK importation company for LD's and I distinctly remember seeing B5 releases in quite a few of the catalogues.

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk