Babylon 5 - still cut!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Apr 1, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi All,

If you can get access to satellite/cable TV station Bravo, here in the UK, then you may already know that today - 1st April - they are holding a 17.5 hour "Babylon 5" marathon.

The great news is they aired the new re-edit of the PIlot movie "The Gathering" which has never been seen in the UK, on any format - video, DVD or TV - until today. So Bravo did really well with that.

However, from Season 1 Episode 1, Bravo aired cut versions, which had been edited for mild bad language. And when I say mild, I mean PG-rated bad language: the kind that means "to bear an illegitimate son".

What's even sillier, is that when the UK end of the Sci-Fi Channel aired "B5" last year, they aired it uncut, at 8am with a 2pm repeat! How silly then is this?!

Shame on you Bravo!

Pooch

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +578
    I was expecting this owing to time shown. Haven't watched Bravo for a while but I bet it's still got that jolly nice orange block logo. Scifi use to be good for uncut stuff but has gotten worse, notably the Outer Limits is cut even though it's on late. Sky One is better for it uncut on late AND the ads are much shorter - oh and scifi add that bloody awful red radar box thingy, @rseholes.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,131
    "The Gathering"
    Sugar missed that one, Would have use stronger language but posting at 15:29.

Encaser do you mean the thing the do now after 22:00 because of the quiz? Nearly half way down the set now. I try not to watch after 22:00 now

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,131
    By the way I think the red radar thingy is suppose to be Saturn and its ring or some other planet out there with rings. The other red thing is a big Q for question.

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +578
    yeah whatever they are Garrett they give me the hump. All these ever growing additions to dogs is, oh sod it, nuf said.