Babylon 5 Series 2 boxset

t-force

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Having just watched the excellent series 1 boxset of Bab 5 (excellent apart from the ratio errors at the end of disc 2 - grrrr... will buy region 1 next time), I was wondering if anyone knew when series 2 will be released, and even the other 3 after that? Any takers?

Probably looking at next April according to the 'very knowledgeable dude' on the Warner Bros Babylon 5 Forum.

Quote:

JMS has said that Warner Bros. has tentative plans to release a new season set approximately every six months, basically the same pattern that Fox has followed with The X-Files. (B5 S2 would thus be released in late April 2003, and S3 in early November 2003. X-Files sets are usually released in early May and early November.)

Two of the TV movies, The Gathering and In the Beginning, were released on DVD in late 2001 or early 2002, depending on which country you live in. (Australia/New Zealand got a double feature disc in November, the U.S. and Canada got the same disc in December, the U.K. got the movies on separate discs in April 2002.)

I'm guessing that the balance of the movies will be released in "chronological" order - meaning that Thirdspace should be released at the same time as S4 or shortly after it, and the rest of them released around the time of S5.

No one is even thinking about Crusade at this point.

All of this is contingent on how well the S1 set sells. If it bombs (which I don't think is a real possibility, given its consistently high pre-order rankings on various DVD dealer sites) there won't be any more at all. If it does really well, Warner Bros. might consider (slightly) accelerating the release schedule. If B5 as a whole sells well enough, WB will almost certainly release Crusade as well. But they know that Crusade will not sell as well as B5, for a number of reasons, and therefore they have to be sure that they can make a profit on "X" percent of B5 sales. But if they think they can there is no reason for them not to release the sequel and collect the extra money. DVD is one of the few ways they can continue to make money off Crusade, since there is nowhere they can sell reruns of a cancelled 13 episode show other than The Sci-Fi Channel.

Regards,

Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps: Pat Tallman Division
[email protected]

End Quote

Crusade was cancelled.:eek: No wonder channel 4 repeated each episode so many times. Why was this, did it bomb?

I guess so... :(
Babylon 5's storyline slumped a bit in it's final season, I mean who could've topped the Shadow War story that ran through 4 seasons anyway? It was a real tough act to follow

I guess so... :(
Babylon 5's storyline slumped a bit in it's final season, I mean who could've topped the Shadow War story that ran through 4 seasons anyway? It was a real tough act to follow

If I remember correctly, series 4 (the shadow war, Minbari civil war and Babylon5 v Earth War), was actually supposed to be 2 series long, but before they filmed series 4, Straczynski wasn't sure they'd get 2 series, so condensed it into 1. When Warners said that he could have series 5 as originally planned, they had to come with Tracey Scoggins. A definite anticlimax.

As Sci-fi series go, Babylon 5 series 4 is very, very hard to better.

Has there been any word from Warner yet if they intend to correct the problem with disc 2 as I would prefer to get the region 2 release if possible.

Jon

See first post in this thread - the reason I asked the question here :)

Originally posted by Jpfahy
Here's some news on that ratio thing
See here

I posted that on B5tv.com. There is a guy on the dvdtimes forum that has been bugging warner for months and they are now replacining them. He has already received his disc and confirms the problem has now been sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom