1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Babylon 5 movies collection

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by west, Oct 18, 2004.

1. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if we had anybody here who can confirm if the New Babylon 5 movies collection region 1 (containing in the beginning, Third Space, River Of Souls, a call to arms and possibly the gathering as well?) could say if all these movies contain 5.1 sound and are all widescreen?

2. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    They all have 5.1 and all are widescreen except The Gathering which was filmed in 4:3.

3. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Are you sure? The reason I ask is because my region 2 copy of in the beginning has Dolby Digital 2.0 and wondered if there was a 5.1 version.

Do you own the DVDs? Or have you read they are 5.1, if so could you leave a link pointing to where you read it? Thanks a lot! :D

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  5. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I've got the region 1 boxset and "In the Beginning" now has a DD5.1 mix plus an intro from JMS.

I've also got the original Region 1 release of In the Beginning/The Gathering as a double sided DVD which is as you say only a stereo mix and devoid of any bonus material.

The bad news is that the Region 2 Movies collection box set will NOT include "In the Beginning" or "The Gathering" and isn't due for release until 28th February 2005. :mad:

S.

6. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Yep I have a the R1 set, I haven't watched them but I have had a quick flick through the discs and they do indeed have 5.1.

You are right about the original dvd's only having 2.0 but B5 has grossed something like half a billion dollars for WB so it is now getting better treatment.

7. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

A combination of the new release date and the region 1 version having 5.1 sound is making me think of springing for the region 1 set and then selling my copies of In the beginning and the gathering.

8. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for the review link! :D

9. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Has anybody else read this review of the Babylon 5 movies collection? Oh my God what nonsense! :mad:

I can understand being unimpressed with A River Of Souls but not Third Space and A Call To Arms. Third Space and A Call To Arms are both fantastic Babylon 5 spin-off movies and I reckon that that guy needs his head looking at :laugh:

10. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I haven't read the review but the consensus from B5 fans (at least on the board I visit) is the Souls and Thirdspace really aren't very good. In the Beginning is the best followed by A Call to Arms.

11. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,337
    In the Beginning is really the best, it adds a lot of back-history and resolves a bunch of questions you might have about plot points. The others are all fairly average; ok, but not really must see viewing.

On a related note, there is a 6th movie, "Legend of the Rangers", but i cant seem to locate it anywhere? The best is this aussie site which lets you pre-order it. Is this because it just isnt out anywhere, or never got released in the USA/UK and was TV only?

http://www.dvdorchard.com.au/product.asp?AffID=600002&PND=104555

12. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    It will be released in the future, it didn't get put in the movie set as JMS it is not really apart of the original batch of B5 movies and to be honest it really is rubbish.