Baby Monitor

Discussion in 'Parents Forum' started by dawsonz, Jan 10, 2018.

1. dawsonz

dawsonz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello,

I was hoping someone could recommend a good baby monitor that does audio and visual, I'm not fussed about the sensor/movement pad.

I was close to buying the Motorola but saw many negative reviews.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks

2. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +672
    Just got given a BT6000 for our new little one and would recommend it.
    A bit grainy but good enough, the camera is motorised so you can adjust angles easily. A bit annoying they don't include hooks to hang it on the side of the cot (it has a flat base with 2 holes in it for screw mounting but I didn't want to screw anything into the cot sides), To fix this i used NoMoreNails double sided tape and simply stuck it to the side of the cot rail - secure enough and can easily remove without leaving holes when the time comes.
    You can set it to auto-turn on with noise and then turn off again after a set time.
    The camera plugs in (with a nice long lead) and the monitor is portable (on rechargeable battery it lasts about a day).
    Has lots of other features too, like Temp monitor for room, ability to play tunes (I don't use this myself), and the ability to talk direct like a walkie talkie to soothe baby (something else I haven't had the chance to use yet - when baby cries we're usually straight to the cot).
    I think we do get ripped off when it comes to Baby Monitors as if the companies think "hey, it's their kids, they'll spend lots on any old crap". I mean, 1440p dashcams cost about £80 so I don't know why 720p baby monitors cost >£120.
    Having said that, given they're ALL low res, I think this BT6000 is a good'un (good reviews too, so I hope it lasts).

3. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48,411
    Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs, but once littl'un can pull themselves up make sure that nice long lead is kept out of reach :thumbsup:

4. KyleS1

KyleS1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,642
    I've had BT video monitors for 6 years and would recommend them. Annoyingly they seem to get worse each new one they release as the first one I had (Digital 1000) is still better than the latest one I have from them (can't remember the number). But they are still better than the alternatives.

Mine is on the wardrobe on the other side of the room to my daughters bed and that is a bit close, so not sure how Gaffer is getting on with it attached to the actual cot. I bet you could see if the little'un has bogies that close! :D

5. dawsonz

dawsonz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the replies. I will take a look at BT's offerings and see what comes up.

6. Urien Rheged

Urien Rheged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +864
  7. hongkongdonkey

hongkongdonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    We've used an Angelcare AC1100 for the last 2.5 years and it has been faultless.

8. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +672
    Do you know what? It's actually surprisingly good. It's about 45cm from her face and gives nice clear images:

[​IMG]

^^^^ granted that's a photo of a screen image (so everything looks orange and not the best PQ), but it's good enough. I have zoom turned off btw.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018