baby friendly hotels in the south

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UrbanSurvival, Aug 23, 2006.

1. UrbanSurvival

UrbanSurvival

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My wife and I have a week booked in September but no where to go... yet.

Looking for a holiday in the south of england (as far west as Devon / Cornwall border) and needs to be 'baby friendly'. i.e. offer a baby listening service, buggy friendly, resteraunt on site. We just need a real break so a hotel with good walks nearby, swimming pool, good food, etc would be ideal. Budget is flexible as long as we can get some sleep!

Can anyone recommend any hotels that they think would suit (or a place to start looking). Failing that, anyone interested in baby sitting for a week ;)

Thanks,

2. Astraeus

Astraeus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    We used to holiday in Torquay regularly and, so far as I remember, the above facilities were available at the Grand Hotel. At the time, I will have been about six/seven meaning my younger brother would have been a toddler. There was definitely a restaurant, the lobby is spacious and there is lift access all over the hotel. The only possible issue is the baby listening service as I've not heard of this. Anyway, Torquay has a number of seafront hotels that are definitely worth checking out as I always remember Torquay as a very child-friendly holiday destination.