• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Babel

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I have not heard about this before, but I just saw the trailer and it looks like it will be quite powerful.

In the remote sands of the Moroccan desert, a rifle shot rings out – detonating a chain of events that will link an American tourist couple's frantic struggle to survive, two Moroccan boys involved in an accidental crime, a nanny illegally crossing into Mexico with two American children and a Japanese teen rebel whose father is sought by the police in Tokyo. Separated by clashing cultures and sprawling distances, each of these four disparate groups of people are nevertheless hurtling towards a shared destiny of isolation and grief.

It is directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu (of 21 Grams and Amores Perros fame) and stars (a weathered) Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett among others. Definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on.

Mr_Sukebe

Anyone know if the US version on BD will be region coded, or whether it will play happily in UK players?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Saw this recently too, however it didn't have the same impact that Crash had in my view. It reminded me quite a bit of Crash in terms of style but slightly more disjointed - after all the Japanese story seemed to have a very thin relation to the rest of the story. Plus the time line of events kept getting me confused. Maybe I need to watch it again!

Adrenochrome

Any idea when this is out on dvd, preferably hd-dvd. I guess I ought to buy it seeing as it is named after where I'm from. ;)

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Delivery is indeed very slow from Amazon (using their cheapest int'l cheapest option). I have not received anything less than 2 weeks after receiving a dispatch email.

KevD

Distinguished Member
HD-DVD is £15.59 inc postage from dvd pacific.

Thats with dreaded Surface mail, much like Amazon you could be waiting up to a month to recieve it :rolleyes:

But still a bit cheaper with at less than £18 with Airmail (3/4 days) :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom