1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[B]Which media player copies music best from cd?[/B]

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by schillaci0, Jul 26, 2005.

1. schillaci0

schillaci0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    :hiya: Have had to re-rip all of my music again and decided to use MP9 WMA lossless @ 320k for better compatability with other stuff but music sounds worse than when i had ripped them with itunes AAC @ 128k.

So which player/codec is the best for ripping to.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    I think it's a case of finding one that suits both your ears and the kind of music you listen to. I find AAC very acceptable for my needs, although I have ripped a few albums with Audiograbber using Lame to have some "luxury listening".

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Want the truth?

Use EAC (Exact Audio Copy - just Google it), coupled with LAME (again, search it). This combination is the most respected on the web. So good, in fact, that I've been able to make ATRACs at 64 kbps from LAME-encoded 320 kbps CBR files with virtually indistinguishable sound or generation loss.

4. RB05

RB05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All that technical stuff confuses the hell outta me.

For rock music for example, what would be the best rate or whatever to transfer?

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You got the Zen Touch, right?

Best bet for you is WMA 192. If you don't have a large CD collection, your 20GB (40GB?) Touch will take loads of music at that size, and your tracks should pretty great.

6. RB05

RB05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I have the Zen Touch 20GB (or will have when it comes in the next day or two)

I have about 140 CD's to put into it.

I was told WMA gets more tracks into the player, but how do I go about converting them after I've loaded them onto my PC?

Thanks!