B&W601s fronts with VM1s at the rear.. Good combination??????

corh5

Hi

I'm looking to go surround sound. At the front i will use my B&W 601s and get a centre speaker to match, however the problem is the rears due to space. My sofa will be against the wall. At first i was hoping to use the B&W VM1s. will this be a good match or should i consider something else.

Thanks

jhjerpe

For surround duties the VM1 would work OK. They do not tonally match the 601s very well but you wouldn't notice it to much if using them as surrounds. I ran with this setup for a long time and was pleased with it. My VM1s are no my speakers for my PC.....

Stellavision

The VM1's should be OK for 5.1 but in a 6/7.1 configuration may not work so well all round in your particular situation.
Because the VM1's are monopoles 1 or 2 for rears with your sofa against the back wall wouldn't be ideal.

dynamic turtle

Novice Member
VM1's or LM1's for the rear? The CC6 is a beauty and should be quite a good tonal match with your 601's.

I'm using the old B&W Solid HCM1's as the centre channel & rear surrounds with my 601's and they are quite a good match. I believe the current leisure monitor is fairly similar to the HCM1.

The paper dome tweeter of the HCM1 is better for dialog in my opinion - warm & natural - no problem with the letter "S" (don't you find the metal dome tweeter of the 601 a tad bit harsh?).

There are a set of 5 VM1's and a pair of LM1's on the bay at the moment. If you haven't spotted them already, I suggest you take a look.

bones`

Corh5 I hear there is a LCR60 for sale in the classifieds, would be ideal match for your 601's :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom