1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&w

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bluepirre, Jan 23, 2004.

1. bluepirre

bluepirre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! Just bought the 600 S3 series, incl 603, 601 and 600 (Cent).....
    Do you guys think that a Yamma 1400 will match my speakers well?
    What i mean is, some people say the 1400 to be bright in the sound, and the B&W:s is a a bit also...(according to me)
    I do think that it would be enough power in the 1400, but what about the sound???

I usually buy the reciever first, but this set of B&W:s i came over was to good to let go....

2. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The best way ios to demo yourself, to lead you in the right direction do a search on the forums for your speakers and see waht others are using . this will give you an idea of what you should be using with your speakers.
    congratulations on your purchaseb by the way.

3. nickcross

nickcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought those! :D Myself and my mate thought it sounder better than the Pioneer AX3i in all the combinations we tried. But as said above you need to demo.

4. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats the same setup I am looking at now but only the Yamaha1400 if I import it from Germany as its a little out my price range otherwise I think I'll be looking at the Yamaha 740, Denon 2803 or Marantz 7400

I demo'd the B&Ws with a Yamaha 740 and thought the sound was very involving. As good if not better than the KEF egg setup. Then the B&Ws with music blew my socks off.