• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

B&W Zepplin (air and non-air)

v CJ v

After posting this topic, and listening to every brand/unit in John Lewis, I did purchase one instore.

Comparing to everything (SONOS/Philips/BOSE) it's clearer, and looks the part.

The Zeppelin is wireless, and takes 5minutes to set up on your wireless network at home (you need to plug it into a Laptop/PC using the provided CAT5 cable). There's a small LED on the front, which changes colour depending on how you're playing the music (Red-Off. Blue-Dock. Purple-Wifi. Orange-Aux).

The Airplay is brilliant. I was wary at first, using the iPad on the dock, but it seems incredibly solid.

1c89fd05.jpg

1c22cc91.jpg

I'm in the market for a music player to use with my iPads and iPhones in the kitchen.

I've just had a listen to a Zepplin Air in John Lewis, and I'm sold.

Is there anything better or as good for around £500?

Last edited:

mothroth

Standard Member
Hi. Just seen your post (lazy Sunday browsing)

I have an original zeppelin for the kitchen and it's awesome. Tried out loads of docks prior to parting with all those readies but it was just miles better.
I listen to every decent looking dock whenever I see one and I've not heard anything to beat it yet.
I also had the dreaded red light issue a year in to buying. B&W were superb. It's a known fault that they fixed free out of warranty. They also replaced the grill cloth and dock housing while it was with them too.

Can't recommend highly enough.

v CJ v

mothroth said:
Hi. Just seen your post (lazy Sunday browsing)

I have an original zeppelin for the kitchen and it's awesome. Tried out loads of docks prior to parting with all those readies but it was just miles better.
I listen to every decent looking dock whenever I see one and I've not heard anything to beat it yet.
I also had the dreaded red light issue a year in to buying. B&W were superb. It's a known fault that they fixed free out of warranty. They also replaced the grill cloth and dock housing while it was with them too.

Can't recommend highly enough.

Afternoon.

I actually bought one (the same day I posted) from JohnLewis.

It was used at my house warning BBQ last night, awesome price of kit.

As I type this in my study, the wife isin the kitchen listening to my newly purchased Zeppelin Air.....Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley....and I got mine from John Lewis Edinburgh yesterday. It's a brilliant compantion in the kitchen while cooking....and even better with a decent glass of wine !

Rip your CD's to WAV (fully uncompressed) for best results....

It's well worth 500 notes.

Last edited:

philbot

How about an Arcam R-Cube?

mothroth

Standard Member
I think it sound a bit 'shouty' compared o the zep. Shouty is a technical term used by true audiophiles like me..... ;)

The arcam certainly is loud and sounds good but the zep seems effortless somehow

I've updated my first post with a couple of photos of the unit at home. Fantastic kit.

Very nice mate....I think it will sound even better when the drive units have bedded in a bit more....nice artistic shots...love the inclusion of the OJ and ain't gonna attempt to spell the qua...somthings :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom