B&W Zeppelin

T

timwoodgate

Hi all

I have just bought this speaker system and am a bit disappointed with the bass . Compared to the Bose system it seems a little less rich. I would like to hear what your experiences are. Many thanks ...Tim

i think it sounds good but wouldn't consider it very bassy. did you get to listen to it before purchase?

If you play around with the equaliser settings you can draw tons of bass from the Zeppelin... for it's size it is amazing!

i have a zeppelin story, i treated myself to one last week and when it came back i plugged my "nd gen touch into it and was sooooo dissapointed i nearly cried. there was terrible hiss and crackling, so i updated the software on both, still the terrible noise.

so i phoned b&w and spoke to the tech guy and he was very helpfull, he could hear the noise over the phone, so he sorted out a replacement, the next day a courier came with a brand new one for me and took the faulty one back, now the zeppelin sounds great, it has superb bass and i have a large living room and ive never heard music so good. I have noticed that the latest software on the b&w site is 1.3, but the zeppelin i have shows 1.4 on the touch.?

Its a great piece of kit and everyone whos been over has commented on the looks and sound, i know it was expensive, but i love listening to music and too me its worth every penny.

i have a zeppelin story, i treated myself to one last week and when it came back i plugged my "nd gen touch into it and was sooooo dissapointed i nearly cried. there was terrible hiss and crackling, so i updated the software on both, still the terrible noise.

so i phoned b&w and spoke to the tech guy and he was very helpfull, he could hear the noise over the phone, so he sorted out a replacement, the next day a courier came with a brand new one for me and took the faulty one back, now the zeppelin sounds great, it has superb bass and i have a large living room and ive never heard music so good. I have noticed that the latest software on the b&w site is 1.3, but the zeppelin i have shows 1.4 on the touch.?

Its a great piece of kit and everyone whos been over has commented on the looks and sound, i know it was expensive, but i love listening to music and too me its worth every penny.

I've just bought a Zeppelin to use with my 3G iPhone and am getting similar sounding issue. When on pause I get background interference noise. I can also hear this on quieter songs.
Tried my iphone on the shops's Zeppelin - same issue. Tried it on a £500 Via dock, no probs.
B&W are trying to help, but no offer of next day courier with a new one!

I've just bought a Zeppelin to use with my 3G iPhone and am getting similar sounding issue. When on pause I get background interference noise. I can also hear this on quieter songs.
Tried my iphone on the shops's Zeppelin - same issue. Tried it on a £500 Via dock, no probs.
B&W are trying to help, but no offer of next day courier with a new one!

hi, what software version is your zeppelin??
mine is set at 1.4
like i said the faulty one had 1.3, the background crackling and hissing was terrible, out of interest what serial number do you own? does it begin with a 00?

hi, what software version is your zeppelin??
mine is set at 1.4
like i said the faulty one had 1.3, the background crackling and hissing was terrible, out of interest what serial number do you own? does it begin with a 00?

Little update: B&W phoned me back and said to expect a brand new one direct from them to be couriered! Nice!! Good work B&W!!!

The one that is going back is a v1.3 with 00 serial number.

From what I understand about streaming media from iPhone, I hope to receive the later 01 serial as i understand it works better?

Can you comment on that MrFurious?

Also, does your new one sound any better, obviously excluding the hiss?

Little update: B&W phoned me back and said to expect a brand new one direct from them to be couriered! Nice!! Good work B&W!!!

The one that is going back is a v1.3 with 00 serial number.

From what I understand about streaming media from iPhone, I hope to receive the later 01 serial as i understand it works better?

Can you comment on that MrFurious?

Also, does your new one sound any better, obviously excluding the hiss?

yes the new one has a later seriel number, has 1.4 software as standard and sounds absolutly superb, no hissing or interferance at all,im using a 2nd gen touch.
It must be a problem that they are aware of now then. Its great that they swap them over, great service.
You will be happy im sure:smashin:

Sorry for being ignorant, but how do i find out the software version?

do you have an ipod touch docked?
with mine you just go to the main settings and click on about, this tells you the version number and info about your ipod.:smashin:

Ive checked the website and it has 1.3 as the latest software. Can anyone confirm that 1.4 is available?

yes my zeppelin is 1.4

this was set to 1.4 when it came

How strange I bought one this week and it needed an upgrade but its only at 1.3 as thats the only one I can find on line. Anyway, seems to work fine and sounds amazing!

How strange I bought one this week and it needed an upgrade but its only at 1.3 as thats the only one I can find on line. Anyway, seems to work fine and sounds amazing!

I can only assume that 1.4 isn't released yet for general use yet?

Anyhow, I get my replacement tomorrow :clap:

Received my replacement Zeppelin this morning and it is perfect, very happy with it now!!

Can't fault B&W's customer service, and indeed Practical Hi-Fi too. Both were extremely helpful, and were a refreshing change to the battles you come to expect if you have warranty issues with almost any other major retailer.

wheres the cheapest place to buy?

yes where is the best place to get this. I have had a harmon kardon go and play for around 18 months now. Very pleased with it but like most things, after a while you get a little bored and the zeppelin looks the business.

regarding the latest firmware 1.3 or 1.4, are you guys on about the ipod or the zeppelin version? Got me a bit confused there.

Cheers

Manny

zeppelin version, i think ipod software is at about 2.2 now.

v1.4 software is B & W only. latest units are sent from the factory with that version. their tech support told me that last week answering a query before i bought.

my new zeppelin has the noise problem with my 1st gen ipod touch, but not with my 5G or iphone. it's a 00 serial number & looks like it will have to go back.

i don't know what the original software version of the unit was, but after updating to 1.3, the sound got a great deal better. much less boomy bass.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom