B&W with denon 3802

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by burkey, May 28, 2002.

1. burkey

burkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to put some B&W as rears with a denon 3802 I would like your opinion as to what you have tried and what works.Having said that also what dosent work.

2. magking

magking
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a pair off B&W DM601 S3 as surround back with my Denon AVC A11SR, works great.
    Tryed them as front speakers with some music in stereo and they are great for the price.

3. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have the 600 series 3's - 601's for surround back, 602.5 for sides, LCR600 for centre and 604's for fronts hooked up to the 3802
    The sound is incredible, I would definitely recommend it
    Go for the sorrento finish
    Here is a picture of the 602.5's and the LCR60 in sorrento

Attached Files:

4. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Nice setup Doug.

Can I ask - what component rack is that? And where did you get it?

5. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sessen :)

It's a Soundstyle XS 105 (Platinum) - got it from Hi-fi care in Tottenham Court Rd,Ldn

6. burkey

burkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your advice I went out yesterday and bought a pair of B&W 603 S3 which I have put as the front L/R.Initially they were to go on the rears but having got these small speakers home they had grown as they now looked massive.I had some serious explaining to do to the missus. On the rears I have placed a pair of dyanaudio audience 40s.
    I was very impressed with the 603s straight out of the box and am pleased that I went along this rout.No doubt they will just get even better with use.I intend to give them a serious work out over the next few days.
    :D

7. neil malde

neil malde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you thinking of adding a sub to your set up. i have a similiar set up with the 603's at the front ant 601s at the rear. Also is it worth having another 2 speakers on the side??

Thanx.

8. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, yes I'm waiting for the matching sub ASW 650
    The 604's definitely have enough bass for music but I'm missing out on the dedicated LFE channel for movies

If you have an amp with surround back and surround l/r then you owe it to yrself to try side speakers. Gladiator and Seven are two good examples of what DTS ES Discrete sound can do

I can actually go one better and put another set of speakers between the surround back and sides, ie approx 130deg from the centre, and select these along with the centre and fronts when playing back SACD!

9. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are those foam blocks for that go in the hole of the back of the speaker for? How do they change the sound?

Thanks.