• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

B&W Wall-Mounted Speakers

James Fortune

Standard Member
I was at Sevenoaks yesterday and they recommended a set of speakers that mount on the wall around your TV. They said were ideal for my lounge - 16'7" x 13'6" (5.05m x 4.11m).

They sounded fine but I've not heard of them before:

Left, right and centre are B&W FPM5s.

The two rear are B&W FPM2s.

The sub-woofer is an REL R305.

The set-up is very expensive at around £2800.

Any comments?

dts_boy

Prominent Member
i've heard the fpm stuff bedfore and its pretty good - expensive though. the rel r305 is not up to much: i have one and its been replaced recently with an M&K MX350. if you have £700ish to spend on a sub the monitor audio rsw12 is pretty good for the money but post in the sub forum for more advice there - no doubt svs and monolith options are better value for money

dalehead

Established Member
These speakers are very nice aesthetically, and I think the sound quality is comparable to most 'lifestyle' speakers (possibly slightly better), but when I heard them they were no where near the sound quality of say the 685 theater system, and were way more expensive.

I think in a 'cost no problem' scenario, if you were looking for something that sounded good and looked great for a wall mounted TV, you couldn't go far wrong. The piano black finish is a perfect match for the Pioneer screens as an example.

I ended up going with KEF 3005SE speakers, which gave a similar sound quality (in my opinion) to the B&W's, at a much better price point. If I could have housed the 685 theater system though, it would have won hands down.

Oh, and you should check, but pretty sure the FPM4's are for 40" TV's and the FPM5's are for 50" TV's. No difference sound quality, just to balance them out on the wall better (I don't think there's a huge price difference).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom