1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W Vs Canton?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Red1989, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Red1989

Red1989
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am stuck between two speaker sets...

I have heard the B&W MT30 set which i think sound amazing, but then found the Canton power buy offer on this forum and was thinking of the following...

CD360F + 4 x CD310F + AS25SC sub which would be considerably cheaper (£900 as opposed to £1500).

I am sceptical of spending £900 without hearing the Cantons but can anyone shed any light on whether it would be comparable or even better??? The sound would be coming from Sky+, Denon 3910 DVD, Denon 3805 receiver.

any help much appreciated.

red

2. oconnpad

oconnpad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I believe the B&W are a bit of an acquired taste you either love it or hate it so if you've heard them and love them that could be the route for you, despite the price.

Canton speakers are excellent and perform above their price range (in the powerbuy anyway)

I can only speak about the CD360 in the list you've specified, i use it as my centre which i presume you will be too, the clarity of speech from it is exceptional and i believe is fully worth the money.

You might be hard pushed to find people using the CD310 as fronts, they are brand new, i think someone on this forum has them as surrounds and surround-backs accompanying CD300's as fronts

3. Jake James

Jake James

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

If you have any questions or need to know any technical stuff, please feel free to pm me

regards

JJ

4. Mentally

Mentally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My advice is not to buy speakers just because they suppost to give you a better bang for your buck. The sound B&W produces is very different from Canton. Thus, if you liked the B&W you can't be sure you will like the Cantons. MY suggestion is to hear the Canton VS B&W. I believe lots of places will have them both because B&W is very common.

5. Red1989

Red1989
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anybody know places in north london where i can listen to the Cantons?

JJ?