1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W VM1's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sberkett, Dec 17, 2002.

1. sberkett

sberkett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a front-room friendly AV speaker set-up that still delivers the goods for hi-fi. Was not inpressed with the KEF KHT's. Liked the Jamo A310's. Love the look of the B&W VM1's: has anyone heard them/have an opinion on them?? Thx.

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I have 2 VM1's as rears and as of tomorrow will have another 3 for my fronts. A baby on the way means getting rid of my 601's and LCR60, and going for a sub/sat setup along with my existing REL Q150.

I have tried the VM1's as front both with AV and music and am hugely impressed. I was contemplating the Gallo Micros but found the cost prohibitive, for an additional £337 I've got 3 extra VM1's and IMHO they are easily the match of the Micros with more to offer in terms of bass (hardly surprising). I accept that the Micros are far more discrett but love the look of the VM1 - they also have a massive WAF over the existing stand-mounts.

I'll be wall-mounting all three at the front and freeing up a fair bit of floor space as well.

I'me never quite sure why the VM1's haven;t been reviewed more often and against things like the Kef Eggs - similar prices, and superior performance to my ears.

:)

3. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Radiohead/sberkett:

The VM1's are also on my shopping list - I can't find any reviews on these either?

I have had a demo of them, and was impressed; more than I was with the Kef Eggs - plus, IMO the look of the eggs does nothing for me...

I was interested in the reviews to see if there was anything I had missed/picked up on that may also be included in the write ups.

Has anybody else seen reviews on the VM1's?

Tim:)

4. klee

klee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Klee - I have sent you a PM.

Tim:)

6. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got 5 VM1s and I'm very happy with them.

I only have one picture with them on at the moment, here it is.

[​IMG]

7. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I see from the pic that your VM1's are being driven by a Sony 900/Denon 3802 combo. I actually auditioned this set up as I have the same DVD. I can honestly say I was very impressed with both Movie and stereo abilities. For the money the VM's are the best out there IMO, but quite a few dealers I've spoken to don't rate them, so hopefully I'll pick a set up cheap in the New Year Sales!http://www.avforums.com/ubb/icons/icon7.gif

8. klee

klee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rochdale,

Love the gold. Have you tried moving the L and R units further out to the sides? I had mine close up right next to the ends of the 2.5 metre wide hifi shelving and it was excellent but was until I moved them further out and closer to the couch that it all turned frighteningly REAL!

Try it,
    KLee

9. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    spot on pcookie :) I don't listen to music much through them but use them all the time for dvds as well as using the pl2 for normal tv.

I'm a bit restricted on where I can put the speakers klee, cheers for the suggestion though. I might see if I can rearrange them sometime :)

10. sberkett

sberkett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the fdback evryone & esp. that great review

Simon.