Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

B & W Vm1 Speakers.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ELV, Sep 7, 2002.

1. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Has anyone tried these speakers,i'm thinking of testing them against the Kef 2005 package,iv'e already got a sub and could just buy the B & W speakers,but people seem to think that the sub's underpowered with the Kefs.They'll be running through a Denon 2802 and i'll need 6.
    Any comments would be welcomed, also can the kefs be mounted horizontally on a wall or just stood up horizontally .

Cheers.

2. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't heard them, but my friend who I trust said he thought were downright awful (he has £3K+ ProAc speakers).

BTW, none of us liked the eggs either !

I'll be going for Gallos or M&K Pros, I think.........

BJ

3. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Against a 3K system i would'nt expect them to compare,however i'm restricted by budget and the wife wanting something that fits in a bit more.I do prefer them visually to the Kefs but how can they justify the 180 quid for the stands.

CHEERS.

4. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He was not comparing them to £3K speakers. We later listened to the Q1s, which we both liked a lot !

I would check out the Gallo power buy, if I was you. Supposed to sound great and very wife friendly :)

I'll be listening to them Monday......

BJ