1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W VM1 on my Panny 42"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by slyborg, Aug 18, 2003.

1. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Saw a picture at the B&W website that shows a VM1 sat on top of the plasma, given the VM1 is slightly too high to sit under the plasma (unless I raise it on a couple of bits of wood) I'm wondering how stable it would be on top and whether it's a good idea at all. Has anyone got a similar setup or experianced sticking speakers on top of thier plasmas?

Cheers

Si

2. nickt

nickt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Si,

My Panny is wall mounted, and my VM1 sits below on the mantle shelf. How would you balance a VM1 on top - would you use the stand or just the speaker on its own? Either way, I think it would be a bad idea. The top of my Panny slopes forwards, and the VM1 is curved from front to back, so it will either tilt forwards or roll off. And it is pretty heavy.

The VM1 comes with a wall-mount - could you use that?

-Nick

3. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Problem is it's in a unit and about 2 inches above it sits all my AV gear, amp and sky+ on the left and VCR and DVD on the right so if I put the speaker on the top of the cabinet it'll be about 2 foot above the top of the plasma and I'm not too sure that it'll sound right that far from the image.

Failing that I'll have to put something under the stand for the plasma and sit the VM1 infront of the plasma.

Si

4. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  5. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks but the table stand is a bit much for my needs given I only need to raise the plasma about an inch.

Si