• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

B&W Supply Problems?

melevittfl

Standard Member
Hi,

Last week I bought an Amp, subwoofer and some B&W MT-1 speakers from a local shop. They had the amp and subwoofer, but said the B&Ws would be in "next week."

Rang them today and now they're saying they might get them in *next* week, but they can't be sure because B&W are having supply problems.

Has anyone else heard this?

Thanks...

mwncan787

Standard Member
You are not alone! I ordered a pair of CM7s and CM1s, the CM centre and the ASW10CM subwoofer in gloss black last week. I spoke to my dealer today and he said that B&W expect a 2-3 week delay in supplying the ASW10cm subwoofer. Because of that, they are holding back delivery of the other speakers as well.

Its a little annoying but the wait will be worth it!

Medrep1

They are moving their production outside of the UK.

Only the 800 series will now be made in the UK.

Id guess this is the contributing factor to the cause of delays.

melevittfl

Standard Member
OK, at least they weren't telling porkies.

It is a bit annoying though because I rang another branch of the same company and they had them in stock. However, the person at the store I bought them from told me they are a franchise and other branches will not release their stock to them.

Would I be right to ask for my money back and buy them somewhere else or is that being unreasonable.

I suppose it gives me time to run the cables...

ARNOLD AKIEN

OK, at least they weren't telling porkies.

It is a bit annoying though because I rang another branch of the same company and they had them in stock. However, the person at the store I bought them from told me they are a franchise and other branches will not release their stock to them.

Would I be right to ask for my money back and buy them somewhere else or is that being unreasonable.

I suppose it gives me time to run the cables...

Hi melevittfl and welcome to the forums,

Were I in your situation I'd ask B and W directly what is going on, gently demand an explanation .. and explain that you are part of an International Forum whose members are Deeply Interested in B and W and whether or not they intend to maintain their Service Standards in view of the rumored changes in their companies structure. Ask about their Dealer Network say how long you have had an Order in Place .. and Demand some sort of redress. What Do You Have To Lose ?

By all means Quote me and ask whether or not there has been a sudden change in the B and W marketing Philosophy.

Include my type emphasis in your quotation .. People Just Don't Appreciate HOW I do work at that Emphasis Grumble Grumble mutter Mutter.

I say this as a customer who is well disposed toward B and W .. I have a mixture of 700 /600 series speakers bought from Lintone Audio ....

lintone home page

... and one who does refer avforum members to the B and W advice pages now and then.

Ask HERE ...

B&W Group Ltd - UK Sales Enquiries & Technical Support

Contact Us - Bowers & Wilkins | B&W Speakers United Kingdom

I'd phone if I were you since Nothing can beat a conversation with someone .. ask for a name or contact designation .. who can be personally held to account ...

Tel: Sales 01903 221500 / Switchboard 221800

What do you have to lose? :D

Arnold.

Last edited:

Lezman

I got the 600 series last year, I know it may be different with the CM1/MT-1, but the problems they had (took 9 weeks) were to do with the wood casing and the fact that the wood supplier had a major shortage and couldn't send it to B&W.

In fact, I was told that B&W disconitinued that particular wood (for the wenge colour) and were planning to replace it with something similar.

Medrep1

Good good!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the kit! Im sure its going to be worth the wait!:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom