1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W speakers: WHERE ONLINE CAN I BUY THEM???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by johna, Jul 17, 2001.

1. johna

johna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :D

I have the B&W 601 S2, 603 S2, CC6 S2 and the Sony Amp.

Lovey set up - I listened to a few other packages but for the budget I had this was, in my oppinion the best choice.

You have to let them run for a while though (48hrs or so)

Also - try adjusting the mid range and base slightly - that helped.

John

2. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol you didnt answer my question of where i can buy them online.

3. johna

johna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Errr......

No I don't :confused:

4. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I thought B&W (like Arcam etc) wouldn't allow their products to be sold mail order, so you may not be able to find any online.

5. johna

johna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought mine mail order (not online) at Hi Speck.

6. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have searched high an low for b&w speakers online.reviews are not a problem but can you purchase them online no chance.i dont know whats going on but i cant even find a dealer in america that will sell online.sorry but it looks like its a trip to a dealer if you want b&w`s

7. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    B&W are a non-internet dealer, so you will have to go to a shop I'm afraid!

8. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    I am looking at buying the B&W 602, 602 and CC6 set up at the moment, but everyone seems to sell at list price. I was told by one dealer that they weren't allowed to discount the stuff, and if they did then B&W would refuse to supply them in the future, don't know how true this is though, or if he was just being tight. I think that Hi-Spek are the only people i've seen that have discounted them, but B&W aren't listed in their ad's anymore :confused:.

I am thinking of running this set up with a 3801, does anyone have this set up at the moment? If so do they work well together as i've no had chance to audition them yet.

Sorry i couldn't answer your question piglet!

Ian.

9. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh dont worry its fine, youve all helped by letting me know what the situation is. if you think there are just as good speakers out there which i CAN buy online then please let me know. all i know is that B&W are supposed to be the richest and best.

im not surte about that set up and if its good. sorry mate.

10. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IM TOTTALLY NEW TO AUDIO EQUIPMENT BUT I HAVE BEEN POINTED TOWARDS this brand for the 2 fronts and the 2 rears. the 601S2 speakers.

these are a good choice in conjunction with the DB940 amp? anyway i cant seem to find them anywhere online and i dont want to pay full price for them. can anyone help please?

thanks.

if you think there are better options for the beginner please let me know e.g KEF

11. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    miniholic i bought my b&w`s from peters hifi not sure if you have the store.i got 20 quid of my 602s an 15 of my cc6 but i did use the hard sell lol

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why not have a look at kef q series,i got them instead of b&w and theyre great with films and music,hi-spek sell them.q 15=£199
    and q95=£199 good luck.

13. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you are unlikely to find them online and if you do there will be no avantage.

b&w pricefix (thought this was illegal now)

so you are best going to your local dealer as they will be the same price from lands end to john o'groats. Your only chance of a discount is if you can find them ex dem or second hand and these tend to go very quickly.

good luck, i am after a pair myself and it looks like i'll have to visit my local dealer.

14. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ars longa,veta brevis if you dont mind second hand there was a dealer online who has the 601s2 an the 602s2.not sure if there what you want but here is the link anyway.WWW.AUDIO-T.CO.UK sorry not sure how to use the quick link so you have to copy n paste loloh an kudos must go to swartzy who posted the link for a different reason :)

15. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  16. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    B&W don't sell online, they operate a similar system to their sales in the US as stated above. Their customer service is fairly good and they would have little control over this if they went by mail order.

However, many local dealers will do an individual a discounted deal for a package or a few speakers. Single pairs will be list price but more than one pair/speaker usually has room for a negotiated discount. Something in the range of 10% sounds reasonable. You may need to argue for it however.

Out of interest I phoned a Sevenoak's branch quite a while back regarding an entire 7 speaker plus subwoofer B&W setup. I was negotiating for discount, partly on the grounds that the store was over an hour away and I had a much more local store only down the road. They ignored my requests for a reasonable deal and lost the sale of the speakers, amps, TV, projector, cabling etc. Silly people. They said they weren't interested in being competitive and weren't bothered if I decided to buy locally on the grounds of not having a good deal. Big mistake!

17. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    No offence meant Matt, but using the fact that they were an hour away is no excuse for getting a discount if there's another store nearer you. It's not their fault, and you'll be lucky to get any sympathy.

Rick

18. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have to agree with matty here.stores just dont want business any more lol.my mate bought a pc i know this is a home cinema forum lol.he was spending £2500 they didnt offer a discount at all but after a bit of hard talk they offered him a £10 voucher an they even dated it so it expired in a week lol.needless to say he didnt bother spending there.

19. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    None taken Rick. My argument was that I had been to the store to listen to some equipment, while travelling on business. I felt a loyalty to them and wanted to give them my custom for their input of time in advising my purchase.

I then spoke to them by 'phone after ringing around many 'local' stores for the best price to arm myself for negotiation. I told them what I could get it for in small independent hifi shops and they were not interested in making a deal. I then factored in the problem that it would cost me about £15-20 in petrol to get there, plus several hours of my time. If they were going to be more expensive than my local store, what incentive did I have to buy from them?

They advised me to buy locally.

I wasn't expecting sympathy, frankly I would be offended if I received it - I am certainly not in need of it!! :) :)

I'm also not stupid and, as they say, time is money. For me, my time is a fair bit of money so I really had no reason to make a purchase with them, particularly as the sales assistant was quite rude over the 'phone.

I can think of better things to do with my time, and I had an extra £15-20 to spend while doing it! (plus the money I saved in the deal)

Thankfully not all stores operate in this way, I am very happy with the service from my local hifi shop and have spent a considerable sum with them.

Regards, Matt

20. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Fair 'nuff Matt.

We get people from all oever the contry asking for prices, hoping for discounts, which at this time of year (when no is buying anyway) are hard to come by.

I hope you got what you wanted in the end.