B&W speakers, advice please.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JFK, Apr 11, 2002.

1. JFK

JFK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Currently I'm using B&W DM 302's as font left and right, and CC3 as the center. I'm upgrading to the 600 s3 and would like some advise on which one's in a room @ 15' x 11'.
    Q1. 601's or 602's
    Q2. LCR60 or LCR600
    I'm probably looking to buy the LCR600 due to future investment as I have money now and may be not later. Also I kind of move houses alot, as I rent. The same goes for Q1, as I find the 302's not to be big in sound, being hooked upto my yamaha 620 in stereo mode for music. Once upgraded I will be using my 302's as rears until another upgrade which might include floorstanders for the front.

Thanks very much for any ideas.

2. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the 602's and the LCR60, as this is a better match. The LCR 600 is aimed at partnering the 603/4's

Alternatively you could buy three LCR60's,use two as fronts,and one as center. Definitely buy the sorrento,they look great:)

My setup:

Sony KP44PS2 TV
    Denon 2800 DVD
    Denon 3802 Amp
    B&W S3 604 Fronts
    B&W S3 LCR600 Centre
    B&W S3 602.5 Sides
    B&W S3 601 Rears
    QED Squart RGB Only
    QED Qunex SR75 Coaxial
    QED Silver Anniversary Bi-Wire

3. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hi my room is 14 x 12 and i just bought the lcr600 and the 603 s3 and they are great !!! the bass can be controlled to a certain degree by the foam bungs that come with them

jason

4. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My room is about your size,and i went for the 601 s3's and the R60 and the 600s 3's. They would be the best bet in a small room. Go to superfi, as they sell them at a good price