Question B&W Speaker Repair

Roon1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a pair of ASW610 subwoofers, one of which packed up over Christmas both are about 5 years old, so clearly no warranty. It blew a fuse at the plug, I replaced fuse and it blew again so clearly some electrical fault.

I have never had to repair speakers before, is there a decent company to do this that you have used before you could recommend please as I do not just want to google it so to speak.

The way I see it I can either repair it which is the preferred option, buy a new one or even better a mint used one and use the broken for parts?

If anyone has any advice they could share please, would this be a known fault?

Many thanks,

I'd contact the bowers and Wilkins shop in West Sussex. They helped me out with spare tweeter issue.

01903 264141 (The phone number for the shop :)

Sadly, both of my ASW610 subs failed within a month of each other at the end of 2015. I contacted B&W and they suggested returning the items for inspection. If I remember correctly, the inspection fee was £90. Even with the fault occurring on both units, they were unwilling/unable to offer any sort of ballpark repair cost. As such, I did not pursue the repairs and took the opportunity to upgrade.

I think based on the cost of inspection its going to be costly. Most likely the power supply and amp are a single unit and would be replaced as complete units (not a component fix). May be a better bet ask an independent to quote for repair

Bummer! What did you upgrade to?

I went for a pair of XTZ 12.17s. Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. ;-)

Dude those look amazing!! Thanks for sharing. Where'd you hear of XTZ? I have a bx xxls400 and only discovered the bk brand through avforums.

Same - through the forum. Went to demo these at Epic Home Cinema (run by Jag) and was sold straight away. Took two home there and then.:)
IMG_7434.JPG

Well they look rad. I've just ordered a second sub. I Am stoked to get it set up! I hope to hear a noticeable more even type of bass.

Well they look rad. I've just ordered a second sub. I Am stoked to get it set up! I hope to hear a noticeable more even type of bass.

Did you go for an XTZ? :)

I've gone for another xxls400. The XTZ looks amazing but I wanted to have both subs the same. I bet the XTZ's fill a room with authority? What size room do you use them in?

I've gone for another xxls400. The XTZ looks amazing but I wanted to have both subs the same. I bet the XTZ's fill a room with authority? What size room do you use them in?

Fair play - that makes sense. Yes, they do fill the room!! :)
Here's a link to my build thread: My home cinema (where the car used to live)

My home cinema (where the car used to live)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom