B&W sold to D&M??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

audio15

Standard Member
There is a rumour that B&W speakers were sold to D&M holdings (Denon, Marantz) yesterday. Has anyone heard anything?

Helicon

Banned
Well Denon have gone from strength to strength, whereas Marantz have.....well.....not done much really. Which way will B&W go if this is true?

T

thatalextaylor

D&M are the distributors for B&W here in Japan. So they already have a relationship in this part of the globe.

Spangle2k5

With all due respect, I would be sceptical in taking rumours about the future of Bowers and Wilkins from a forum member who works for Monitor Audio, shortly to release their Platinum range in competition with the B&W 800 series.

not heard a thing but sounds very unlikely to me b&w just seem to be going from strength to strength and have a lot of loyal customers like myself. If they are sold to them I just hope they keep making quality speakers but could do with dropping the price :rotfl:

Helicon

Banned
Chances are, another manufacturer is more likely to hear this before anyone else. Reps talk, that's how news get's round this industry!

Helicon

Banned
But usually you don't get smoke without a fire. I don't think anyone would benefit from spreading a rumour like that as it's just a change of distributor, just as NAD have done recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom