B&W - Should I or Shouldn't I?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Fat Bloke, May 5, 2002.

1. Fat Bloke

Fat Bloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting a pair of B&W 602 and a LCR60 to replace my fronts and centre.

As far as I can see this is going to cost me £500 as no one seems to sell these for less than RRP. Any one know different?

But my main question (Yes I'm getting there!) should I buy the B&W's or is there better for the money.

Just after some advice really before I go demoing.

Thanks.

2. JFK

JFK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I bought the 602's & LCR60 from sevenoaks in Cardiff for £475. As I buy most of my stuff from them, I got a discount. Also I sold my old center and saved more money. B&W are very good, just go for a demo, ask to use your make & models (amp, dvd etc...), thats what I did, & I thought that the sub was plugged in, then I found out that all the bass was coming from the 602's. Half an hour demo with my dvd's & cd's, and I said I'll take them.

3. bigfatlad

bigfatlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

HiFi essentials, Totenham court rd, London, has the DM602 s3 for £245 in a sale. I bought a pair of DM601s3 for £217.50 from another shop on the same road yesterday. As there are so many B&W vendors on the same the road its easy haggling the shops to lower prices.

cheers

4. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my R60 for 165 and my 601 s3's for £215 (or £210) the hole range was on sale at superfi, try the shop though, not the site, as you can't haggle with a site.

5. Cambo

Cambo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got 603 S2's and a LCR6. Honestly - Couldn't be happier!
    Go for it...