1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&w s2 & Strb940

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by johna, Jan 2, 2001.

1. johna

johna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm having trouble balancing out these speakers : 601
    cc6
    with sony's strb940 - being a novice I'm having trouble understanding the bass, treble, and mid settings - at the moment it either sounds completely life-less or shakes the room!!!

Any help greatly appreciated!

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    I have the same set of speakers but a different amp but will try and help as you should get a good sound.

Firstly make sure that the speakers are run in for a good while at a good steady volume. From memory I recall it taking about 20 hours worth of running in B4 the speakers came into there own.

Do you have a sub ? I assume not from your post so will answer acoringly. Use the amp to set the 603s as LARGE then set the CC6 and 601s as SMALL.

Tell the amp that you do NOT have a sub and this should send ALL bass to the 603s.

Leave the BASS and the TREBLE and other tone settings alone for the time being. Espescially as I assume you are going to be making the most of the 5.1 soundtracks on DVDs. If after awhile you find bass to be lacking just increase that slightly but the 603s are damn fine speakers you should have no problems.

Try and get a sound pressure meter to make sure all speakers are giving out the same volume.