1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b&w s-video picture from humax stb

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by icyan, Sep 26, 2004.

1. icyan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    i have a humax 5400 sat stb (which has no component nor s-video jacks) connected to a benq pb6100 digital projector through a scart(out)-to-svideo(in) connection. i used to watch sat programs via the s-video output of the humax stb in nice, clean color. however lately, after about an hour of watching, the color in the picture started fading until it just became black&white in the end. no amount of resetting the stb or the projector can make the color come back. however when i switch them on again the following days, the color is back but again the problem arises again after sometime. i can watch color if i switch the a/v output in the humax stb to rgb or cvbs but the images are too noisy for me to enjoy. the color s-video images before was by far superior and almost comparable to component connection output.

incidentally, since the beginning only b&w pictures can be seen in my samsung 100hz digital tv when connected to the humax stb in s-video connection.

i also notice thru the osd that the signal changes: its in pal while in color and becomes secam when it fades to black&white.

would anyone know or has same experience and how to solve this problem? i'd appreciate any feedback or information towards licking this problem. thank you all.
  2. hornydragon

Dec 19, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    suggest you contact humax UK as it should not go into secam mode at all in UK a PAL only region.... seems faulty firmware may be at fault (try setting both devioces manaually to PAL