B&W PX7 - Noise Cancelling Issue

fullen

Novice Member
Hi all,

I have just upgraded to the B&W PX7's after almost 2 years of using my beloved B&W PX's. Unfortunately my PX's starting having issues in the left speaker where I was experiencing a very high pitched buzzing sound. I sent the headphones back to B&W and they decided to replace them free of charge but with the PX7. This was great customer service and I had a very positive experience dealing with the B&W staff.

I have now been using my PX7's for the best part of three/four weeks and the one feature I liked most about my PX's doesn't appear to be all that good at all on the PX7's is the noise cancelling. To be clear the noise cancelling on the PX7's works indoors really well. The problem is when I go outdoors I have issues. The mic is picking up every gust of wind which is really irritating, regardless of what noise cancelling setting I have the headphones set to (i.e. high, low, auto and off). My PX's blocked out the wind almost completely. When I used my PX's outdoors the only time I realised how loud the wind was was when I'd take a call and all of a sudden the ambient sound was being filtered through the speakers. Now when I am outdoors I have to turn the volume up much louder than I ever did with my PX's to try and cancel out the wind which defeats the purpose. I have connected my PX7's to the B&W app (which is quite clunky but it is connectable after several tries) and played about with the settings - specifically the one for adjusting how much ambient sound is filtered through speakers - but this doesn't solve the problem. I even went as far as to use my friends PX's and we compared the noise cancelling on each of our headphones and he agreed his PX's performed almost flawlessly outdoors compared to mine.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience with their PX7's or even better - if anyone has moved from the PX's to the PX7's and what their experience was like.

Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom