B&W PV1D Subwoofer - what's best soundbar with Dolby Atmos?

regipatel

Novice Member
I have a B&W PV1D subwoofer from my old cinema setup. Now I want to use a soundbar with Dolby Atmos support. What soundbar would complement the PV1D subwoofer.

Before any asks, my old wiring is removed so cabling is at the TV location next to the position of the sub.
Thanks In Advance.

kimoluki

You will struggle to implement the sub with a soundbar.
Only Klipsch cinema 1200 is equipped with physical sub output.
But this soundbar comes with more powerful sub than B&w.
If you decide to sell the sub I might be interested.
For Dolby Atmos the best soundbar option would be Klipsch or Samsung hw+q900 or q950

keithwiggins

I have a B&W PV1D subwoofer from my old cinema setup. Now I want to use a soundbar with Dolby Atmos support. What soundbar would complement the PV1D subwoofer.

Before any asks, my old wiring is removed so cabling is at the TV location next to the position of the sub.
Thanks In Advance.
Have a look at a sennheiser Ambeo which is regard as the best in the market, its pricey but you get what you pay for.
Also yamaha ysp 5600 has a sub out, most others have subs albeit not very good, that connect through propriety software.
Be aware though ultimately atmos via a soundbar is not going to be anything like as good as separates with ceiling speakers.
If you sell the sub the best all in one atmos soundbars on a per cost basis will be samsungs they come with a bar a sub and rears last years model is pretty much now half price.
if you decide atmos is not the way to go, have a look at a Dali Kubik one which will work with your sub and pretty much blow all the others into the weeds when it comes to just sound quality, no effects though, but i find the effects which are very dsp dependant , colour the sound anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom