1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&W PV1 with small standmounts

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by bosjames, Mar 31, 2005.

1. bosjames

bosjames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    Has anyone heard the PV1 with some decent standmounts with music as i am after some smaller speakers to replace my floorstanders and do not want to lose any mid range as this is a common problem with sub/sat systems. i think that the PV1 with some stylish standmounts would look awesome. I can't understand why dealers mags and B&W have not put together a system yet. Any suggestions please.
    :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    The PV1 is not very good at music, it is small and fairly powerful but does not actually go very low. I would suggest some of the smaller options from REL like the Stampede or the Strata 5 for music wouod be a much better option.

3. kishoo

kishoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Regarding the decent standmounts with to combine with a PV1,

Try a pair of PMC DB1's(Around £650 ish ) A seriously small speaker with excellent detail and space.... the PV1 makes up for the lack of low bottom end and still provides excellent timing .....

They also combine with the matching centre the DB1c to form a superbly well voiced l,c,r combo....

4. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Mornin'

You might want to consider the Canton Karat M35DC stand mount speakers as they are stunning sound, or for a little less there are the Canton Ventos 802 stand mounts which have been very well recieved. At the moment I'm waiting for them to be brought over for a listen but it's taking some time as a well known magazine don't want to give them back to the distributor!!!

B&W now do a 5.1 system called the MT-30 with bookshelves specially designed to go with the PV-1 and colour matched in black.

Have a look at the Acoustic Energy AE1 mkIII's on matching stands, again Alunium drivers to match!!!

Regards

5. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    James if your after a small nice looking and great sounding sub have a listen to the b&w asw675 its a better performer and cheaper than the pv1.
    Cheers Gonzo.
    Forgot to add i have owned the asw675.

6. Mausse

Mausse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMHO, sound is VERY personal but: the PV1 is very good with stereo sound! Exactly it is the best sub i have heard in a long time! A good sub you don't hear at all! Unless you like a booming bass sound.....so check out the pv1 for your self..

greetz mausse :hiya:

7. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Awright Jimmy? ;)
    How much do you want to spend mate?(least as possible knowing you! :rotfl: ) Why aren`t you happy with the B&W floorstanders that you brought not so long ago?.....or has your better half made you kick them into touch? :suicide:

Regards,
    Dan :)

8. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    If you go to the Manchester HC show at the Renaissance Hotel tomorrow you can here the B&W MT-30 I think it was in the Onkyo room second floor playing Peter Gabriel live on DVD.
    Sounded pretty good to me and quite loud.