B&W PV1 Subwoofer

I have been offered a B&W PV1 for £400, are they any good. I am new to AV so any advice would be appreciated thks.:smashin:

I have one and im pretty pleased with it, even though I paid the full retail price for it i.e. 990.

A lot of people on here say you can get better value for much less but at 400 quid I think you would be doing well:smashin:

I used to own one, TBH you could probably get a 'normal' sub for that price which has better performance. if Aesthetics are more important than performace then its a great buy.

I owned 1 and sold it after 10 months.

Looks great, sounds great with music but but not so good for movies hence the sale.

I'm now awaiting for a monolith-df.

FWIW,

I nearly bought one new for £830, did a few searches on here and promptly ordered a SB12Plus .

Still waiting for it as I want it in gloss black(in high demand). Forum members can pick this up slightly cheaper than prices shown online, by going here http://www.avforums.com/forums/subwoofers-power-buy-special-offers/376087-svs-sb12-plus-compact-subwoofer-special-forum-pricing.html

My understanding is the SB12plus is better at everything compared to the PV1, which is generally considered by those in the know as a life-style amp of modest capabilities.

Having said that, not bad for £400 if it's not seen much action and is in good condition and aesthetics are an overriding factor for you.

Hope this helps

D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom